The School of Life Science and Biotechnology at Adamas University offers cutting edge, research-driven, modern curriculum that aims to train students in Microbiology, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry. The curriculum is designed to educate students who will work for the welfare of society with a focus on improving healthcare, medicine, agriculture, and the environment.
About The School
- Students are supported by well-equipped laboratories through firsthand experience, kept up to date with latest innovations in the field with career-building seminars, conferences, workshops.
- Their practical focus and experience is developed by internships, projects, educational tours.
- Entrepreneurial and innovation skill development platforms like Biotechnology Club, career development, and strong placements in reputed industries and academic institutions provide an edge to the students of School of Life Science & Biotechnology.
- Our school follows an advanced course curriculum (guided by UGC CBCS policy & outcome-based education), specially designed to meet the current and future needs of the Industry & Academia. Our State of the art laboratories with hands-on training provides the skill and experience of cutting-edge research.
Study Specialized and New Generation Programs
Department of Biological Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Microbiology
- Integrated M.Sc. (Microbiology)
- M.Sc. (Microbiology)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Genetics (intake from 2021-22)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry)
Department of Biotechnology
- B.Tech (Biotechnology)
- M.Tech (Biotechnology) (intake from 2021-22)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech (Food Technology) (intake from 2021-22)
Key Features of the School
Internship and Placement
The role of Career Developmental Cell is to assess students to measure their abilities, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills and helping them to identify development needs in advance. Students go through the counselling session to profile their strengths and weaknesses at the dawn of his/her professional career. CDC also contact corporates for internships and placement opportunities.
A distinguished scholar, with 14+ years of experience in teaching and research, Dr. Rudra Prasad Saha has joined Adamas University as an Associate Dean of School of Life Science and Biotechnology. Dr. Saha completed his comprehensive post-doctoral research on host-virus relationships at the University of Texas at Austin, USA and San Diego State University, USA after earning his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Bose Institute (Jadavpur University), Kolkata. Dr. Saha has published several research papers in high impact international journals and presented his work in a number of national and international conferences around the world. Dr. Saha’s current research interests include but not limited to protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions, metal homeostasis in bacteria and metallo-regulation of transcription, bacteriophage-host interactions and development of a phage-based gene therapy system. Through his outstanding academic, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with his inimitable teaching style, Dr. Saha looks forward to encourage a competitive spirit among Adamas University students which will foster a positive and healthy campus atmosphere along with equipping students with the right skills to meet future challenges. Potential research collaborators, research fellows, summer trainees and students are welcome to contact Dr. Saha.
Academic Advisory Board
From Our Blog
What our students say
I chose Microbiology as my major. I even got a chance to complete my internship from the Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata. Apart from academics, Adamas University has given me a platform to explore, experience as well as the proper environment to feed my needs, curiosity, and best development.
My time at Adamas University was one of the best times of my life. The professors of this university are very friendly and also very helpful. Presently, I am doing my research on Virology, at CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (Government of India) and I am very lucky to be alumni of this prestigious institution.
The two years at Adamas University was an unforgettable experience. Its Master’s degree in Biotechnology has helped me more than I could ask for in my professional carrier. Currently I am working with Cipla as a senior microbiologist.
I am and would always be grateful to Adamas University and all my professors for lending me a helping hand in shaping my career and help me fulfill my dreams and achieve every bit of success that I have achieved at present. Presently I am associated as a Research Coordinator in a Research Institute, where my work is based on COPD disease.
I started my Bachelor’s in Microbiology in the year 2015 and currently, I am about to pass out of my master’s degree in the same field. The skills that I had gained by being in Adamas, were a valuable asset to my productivity checklist. The University gave me enough exposure to co-curricular which was sort of refreshment for me that kept me motivated to pursue my career.
Get in touch with our academic counsellors to get in-depth knowledge about our courses and plan a visit to the School and campus. Drop in an enquiry and we will get back to you.